UK-China Trading recognises that everyone has a contribution to make to our society and a right to equal opportunity. No job applicant or employee, member, volunteer or organisation/individual to which we provide services will be discriminated against by us on the grounds of:
- gender (including sex, marriage, gender re-assignment);
- race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin);
- sexual orientation;
- religion or belief;
We aim to promote equal opportunities, eliminate discrimination and eliminate harassment through
- Opposing all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
- All employees will provide equality, fairness and respect for all in our employment, whether temporary, part-time or full-time
- not unlawfully discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
- Oppose and avoid all forms of unlawful discrimination. This includes in pay and benefits, terms and conditions of employment, dealing with grievances and discipline, dismissal, redundancy, leave for parents, requests for flexible working, and selection for employment, promotion, training or other developmental opportunities.
- All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be paid at least the National Minimum wage.
- All vacancies will be advertised internally and externally simultaneously and will include a statement on equal opportunities.
- Selection for employment/volunteering, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All selection/rejection decisions will be recorded.
Signed by: Damien O’Looney
Date: 20 November 2010
Last reviewed: 28 Jan 2021