UK-China Trading Limited (UKCT) are involved in the manufacture of products and the delivery of services to support our business objectives. The management and staff recognise that our operations have an effect on both the local and global environment.
This policy provides the guiding principles for setting and reviewing environmental strategies and plans to promote sound environmental practice in our all our operations.
UK-China Trading commits itself to minimising its impact on our environment through:
- Goods will be delivered in the most cost effective and environmentally friendly way possible, taking into consideration the delivery requirements of our clients.
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring we are as efficient as possible.
- Combining deliveries to reduce the number of trips or deliveries required.
- Utilising the most suitable container sizes to deliver in the most environmentally friendly way possible.
- Enhancing awareness among our employees, customers, and suppliers, motivating them to act in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Use of video and other telecommunications software and hardware to reduce CO2 emissions from travel.
- Reduce the need to travel, restricting trips essential trips only.
- Give staff the opportunity to work from home, minimisation of car journeys to reduce CO2 emissions.
- We will minimise the use of paper in the office, using online shared documents instead of printing.
- Encourage sustainable water use at home and in the office.
- Office based recycling; minimisation of waste sent to landfill.
- Office plants which produce oxygen and the maximisation of natural daylight in preference to electrical lighting – providing both environmental and staff welfare benefits
- Reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
a. Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
b. Heating will be adjusted with energy consumption in mind.
c. The energy consumption and efficiency of new products will be considered when purchasing.
- WEEE compliant disposal of waste electrical and electronic equipment.
- Sustainable procurement through our sustainable procurement plan.
- Ambition to become ISO 14001 accredited.
Signed: Damien O’Looney
Date: 20th November 2010
Last reviewed: 26th August 2021