UK-China Trading Limited (UKCT) are involved in the manufacture of products and the delivery of services to support our business objectives. We aim to be responsible when delivering value for our clients, whilst observing ethical purchasing and manufacturing practices. The purpose of this policy is to set out our company’s duties and responsibilities.
We will ensure integrity in all our business transactions. We will be honest & fair in our dealings with business partners and other stakeholders affected by our activities and, where necessary, that of our supply chain.
UKCT will aim to ensure that:
- No illegal means or materials are used in the manufacturing process.
- No child labour is used at any stage of the manufacturing process.
- Where possible, a member of the UKCT management team will personally visit and inspect the factories we work with. Where this is not possible, a 3rd party independent inspection company will be used.
- All orders are manufactured entirely within the factories of our contracted companies.
- We are against forced labour; workers have the right to leave their employment at any time.
- Workers have the right to a clean and safe working environment.
- We strive to remove wasteful packaging.
- Goods will be delivered in the most cost effective and environmentally friendly way possible, taking into consideration the delivery requirements of our clients.
- All products and services are made to conform to the laws and regulations of the exporting country and the destination country.
- We will carry out 3rd party factory audits pre-contract to highlight any trafficking and modern slavery issues. We will use the audit to inform our decisions.
Signed: Damien O’Looney
Date: 20th November 2010
Last reviewed 26th August 2021